Chubb has been made aware of several recent cyber attacks against insurance agencies, brokers and carriers. To help protect confidential information, unique passwords should be used on each system you access. If the passwords you use for Chubb platforms are not unique to Chubb or are used elsewhere, please reset them to a new unique password as soon as possible.
Please keep in mind the following other best practices when creating accounts for online use to keep your data safe, and to reduce cyber risk:
- Use unique passwords on each system you utilize. If needed, a password manager can help to make using different passwords on different systems easy.
- Avoid using your business email address for websites accessed for personal use. Instead, create or use a personal email account. If these sites are compromised, your business email address could be used to access key corporate or partner systems.
- Reset your password at least every 90 days to avoid risks that your account will be accessed inappropriately.
- Always enable multi-factor authentication when it is available. When used properly, multi-factor authentication will stop inappropriate account access.
- Never open attachments or click on links from unknown or suspicious senders. Hackers craft email attachments that are designed to trick you into opening or clicking links.